There are two ways pupils are admitted to school - admission of Reception children and admission of children at a later age. Below are details of our admission procedures.
New Intake Admission Procedure
If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 you will need to apply for a school place for September 2018. Online forms are available from Cornwall Council here from September 2017. The closing date for online applications is 15th January 2018. After this date, please complete a paper admission form, available from the school. All admissions are currently administered by Cornwall Council.
To ensure the best possible start for your child in Reception, the school offers weekly Stay and Play sessions during the second half of the summer term, beginning with afternoons only, before moving on to an all day session.
In Year Admissions
This is for children joining school at any other time in their school career, other than in the September Reception intake. All In Year Admissions to school are administered by Cornwall Council. For further information, please contact the Admissions Team on 0300 1234 101.
Oversubscription Criteria (from the Keskowethyans MAT Admissions Policy)
In the event of there being more applications for places in reception than the PAN for the 2017/18 academic year, or more applications than places for any year group during the school year, the following oversubscription criteria will be used to prioritise applications, after the admission of children whose Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health and Care Plan names the school:
- Children in care and children who were previously in care but immediately after being in care became subject to an Adoption, Child Arrangement, or Special Guardianship Order.
- Children with siblings who will still be attending the school at the time of their admission.
- Children who live within the designated area of the preferred school, or whose parents can provide evidence at the time of making the application that they will be living in the designated area of the preferred school by the date from which admission is required. If there are more designated area children wanting places at a school than there are places available, the following criteria 4 to 6 will be used to decide which of these children should have priority for admission. If there are still places available after all the designated area children have been allocated places, criteria 4 to 6 will be used to decide which of the remaining children should have priority for any spare places.
- Children with an unequivocal professional recommendation from, for example, a doctor, school medical officer or educational psychologist or education, that non-placement at the preferred school would not be in the best interest of the child and that the placement at the preferred school is essential. Such recommendations must be made in writing to the School Admissions Team and must give full supporting reasons.
- Children of a parent who is a practicing Christian (applies to Grade Ruan C of E School only).
- All other children (using the tie-breakers as defined later in this document as necessary).